What is the ASN?
The ASN has six distinct components:
- A repository of academic standards each with its own Uniform Resource Identifier (URI)
- A resolution service that resolves the URI's into machine readable text
- Viewers and web services to access the standards
- Rich metadata describing the standards
- An input tool, enabling direct input of standards documents into the repository
- A network of organizations that share, use, develop tools and leverage the technical advantages of the ASN in improving education
ASN data is free to use under Creative Commons Licensing. The use of ASN data is contingent upon identifying the Achievement Standards Network (ASN) as the source of the data in any manner reasonably likely:(1) to be seen by an end user of the information system in which the ASN data is used; and (2) for an end-user to associate the use of the standards data in the information system with ASN as the source of that data.